Mulberries are well known in Chinese Traditonal Medicine, but recent studies show support for calling it a superfood. Here are …
5 Health Benefits of Mulberries
1. Helps Control Blood Sugar: The dried mulberries contain half the sugar found in raisins and most other dried fruits. Clinical studies demonstrate that the mulberry leaf contains certain chemicals that can help stabilize blood sugar and work like traditional medicines used for type 2 diabetes. They slow the breakdown of sugars in the intestine so that the sugar and carbohydrates are absorbed slowly into the bloodstream. This helps the body to lower the blood sugar spikes after meals, and helps stabilize those levels.
2. Packed With Antioxidants: Our bodies need antioxidants to fight the free radicals and defend itself from disease. White mulberries are a great source of antioxidants and Resveratrol. A study conducted by the University of Texas Health Science Center, suggests that resveratrol possesses properties to fight against several cancers and heart diseases. Resveratrol also reduces inflammation and has a positive effect on aging as well as lipid levels.
3. Reduce Cholesterol: A study conducted in Japan suggests that the mulberry leaf can help suppress the plaque in our arteries by its antioxidant effect on the LDL –cholesterol of the plaque. So next time try the mulberry leaf extract tea for your heart health.
4. Good Health: White mulberries are high in fiber, containing 20% of your daily fiber needs in just 1/3 cup. It is also a great source of protein, containing just four grams in 1/3 cup. The impressive amount of fiber found in mulberries can help lower your cholesterol and regulate your digestion.
5. Weight Reduction: A study conducted in Italy suggests that white mulberry has positive weight loss effects on a group administered with daily doses of mulberry extract while also improving blood sugar levels in the process. Mulberries have no saturated fat, making them a tasty option for individuals who are watching their weight.
Read the whole article and find two more benefits at